Purpose and Scope
Leading a team of supervisors, you will oversee our production facility while implementing broad and sustainable continuous improvement initiatives that are aimed at increasing our productivity while minimizing errors and waste. This will entail monitoring key operational metrics for quality, cost, and safety and on time delivery.
- Continuous improvement of processes, systems, and procedures in areas such as production, quality assurance, and work flow
- Coaching, mentoring, and supervising your staff that fosters personal development, interaction, participation and engagement
- Manage people resources to effectively meet department demands
- Introduce waste reduction procedures and minimize lost time due to human error
- Work closely with other senior managers to implement strategic initiatives
- Communicate effectively with engineers, team leaders, and production workers
- Anticipate future developments or potential issues, and plan for or prevent such occurrences
- Ensure all work is performed in compliance with all regulatory requirements (GMP, safety and company policies)
- Evolve the culture to one of teamwork and increasing employee engagement
- Act as a specialized manufacturing resource to senior management to support resolution of complex issues
- Work Environment: 25%/75% split plant/office
- Decision Making: Several operating budgets to oversee. Responsible for financial results and capital investments.
- Impact: Broad. Accountable for solving unique and complex issues across all departments. Conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions.
- Supervision: Direct reports are all managers. Involved in employee relations. Deals with elevated and demanding issues.
- Work Process Coordination: Full independent authority over Operations to set work and amount of resources as needed within budget. Anticipates resource requirements, org challenges and constraints.
- Client Service/ Business Relationships: Suppliers/vendors. No contract negotiations - taken care of by direct reports. Gives tours to new clients and other guests.
- Physical Demands: Minimal
- Sensory Attention: Moderate - needed throughout the day. Meetings or preparing reports etc.
- Work Demands: Exposure to confidential and sensitive information (i.e. financial & payroll data). Performance against financials.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering. Prefer an MBA to advance in org.
- Continuous improvement and Lean 6 Sigma certification
- Depth & breadth - requires manufacturing experience in cosmetics (preferred) or pharma/food industry.
- Greater than 10 years’ experience.
- Experience working in the automotive sector (OEM, Tier 1, Tier 2) is an asset
Other Skills Required
- In-depth understanding of the departments reporting into the role. Plan and implement the required job accountabilities.
- Strong working knowledge of all relevant Health & Safety legislation in Ontario
- Experience working in a Health Canada regulated manufacturing environment - pharmaceutical, consumer packaged goods, or related products
- Experience with production analysis, troubleshooting and correction
- Experience working with multiple departments on material/labor allocations and scheduling
- Strong leadership skills