Our client is is seeking a Sync Licensing Specialist to administer and coordinate license requests from users requesting synchronization licences. This position requires a high degree of organisation to respond to in-bound calls, emails and requests as well as conduct and document licensing activities based on established guidelines. Professional and timely relationship management with production companies, labels and publishers is required.
WHAT YOU’LL DO / KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Qualify existing and new requests for licences.
- Contact rightsholders by telephone and email to ensure any licence requests are properly handled. Where necessary, ensure licence fees are collected in a timely manner.
- Negotiate license fees based on Company's RR’s best practices.
- Communicate clearly with potential users to raise awareness and to provide outstanding service.
- Educate potential users on legal copyright / licencing requirements.
- Answer incoming licencing requests (phone, email, regular mail) according to the established business unit timelines.
- Liaise between production companies and rightsholders.
- Administration activities including prepare invoices, generate licenses, manage and maintain status of synch licenses.
- Provide stats on sync activities to management on a regular basis
- Document all sync licensing activities.
- Other duties as required.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING / QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Understanding of reproduction rights, sync licensing and publishing industry
- Bilingual (French & English)
- Knowledge of the bi-cultural Canadian market and bilingualism is an asset.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Leader and self-starter
- Skilled in identifying potential issues and problem-solving situations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in use of MS office (Word, Excel) applications