The main purpose of the PWN Sales Engineer is to create Private Wireless Network (PWN) Designs, Proposals and Scope of Work Documentation.
This position reports into the Director of Wireless Technology.
The following list of essential job functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
- Create PWN RF designs using iBwave, Ranplan and Google Network Planner. Ability to validate RF designs created by the design group and by other external parties.
- Work on the planning and sizing of the Core (EPC/5GC) components and the LAN infrastructure required to support a PWN.
- Create Core and LAN infrastructure layout and IP planning diagrams using Visio, word and power point.
- Generate accurate Bill of Materials (BOM) for all components of a PWN based on the RF design, Core/LAN planning, required software licenses, engineering services and customer provided requirements documentation.
- Produce accurate, construction-ready proposals based on PWN designs & BOMs utilizing the client's quote book template and power point presentations.
- Build a detailed scope of work (SOW) document describing the material, equipment and services pertaining to a proposal created for a PWN.
- Manage internal & external customer expectations with regard to delivery timelines and high quality communication, while maintaining a service-oriented point of view.
- Participate in customer meetings, exploratory site walks, scope discovery meetings for projects to make informed design decisions, create and manage a positive relationship with customer personnel and positively represent the client.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Ideally Telecommunications/Electrical Engineering or similar experience. High school degree with 2+ years of relevant work experience will be considered.
- 1-3 years, relevant course work will be considered.
- Basic knowledge of RF wave propagation theory and MNO (AT&T, Verizon & T-Mobile) owned spectrum bands in the US. Even better if aware of the CBRS frequency band, the 3-tiers of spectrum access and the role of a Spectrum Access System (SAS).
- Basic networking knowledge (TCP IP layers & protocols) along with high level LAN/WAN infrastructure knowledge. GPON and SD-WAN infrastructure knowledge will be a plus.
- Acquire knowledge and stay up to date with regards to the PWN RAN equipment manufacturers and their respective deployment architectures. Work on defining best install practices for each RAN vendor we work with.
- Learn RF Math, spectrum planning and capacity calculations so as to apply it on PWN RF designs.
- Knowledge of the core (EPC/5GC) deployment options and best deployment practices to meet customer’s performance and budget requirements. Basic knowledge of public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) infrastructure and services would be a plus.
- Perform ISP backhaul requirement calculations; and accurately plan, scale & size the core supporting infrastructure (software licenses for core, servers, SFPs, LAN infrastructure, etc.).
- Able to receive floor plan prints in various formats, organize and perform take-offs of designs embedded in prints or CDs.
- Able to constructively communicate with design teams (internal & external) to address issues or deviance from scope in design product.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft office suite (word, excel, PowerPoint & Visio).
- High energy, attention to detail, timeliness, team work, positive attitude, adaptability, self-motivation, and high reliability.
- Able to travel to customer meetings and perform site walks nationally (travel up to 25% of the time).
- Attend in-person and virtual training pertaining to the job as required.
- Have the willingness and ability to learn new technical concepts and acquire new skill-sets.
- Able to work at a PC for extended hours, able to travel (by flight or drive) to site walks, able to walk for extended hours (4+) on longer site walks in indoor and outdoor environments, able to physically attend PWN and Regional team meetings when necessary.
• Benefits begin on the 1st of the month following 60 days of employment.
• Benefits 100% paid for by the client, which include medical, dental & vision
• 401(k) matching
• Life & disability insurance
• Time off: 15 days per year