Taking on a dynamic role in fast-growing environment, the Key Account Manager will be responsible for promoting leading technology and products to end users within the assigned territory in order to achieve the company’s sales goals. The ideal candidate will be a key player in rapidly achieving maximum sales growth in the United States—all while maintaining profitability.
Working remotely from a key location close by the EV industry customers in the Southwest region of the US and reporting directly to the Director of Sales, who is located in Quebec, Canada, the Key Account Manager will be required to frequently travel and visit customers.
- Use leads and other resources to consistently and efficiently contact people in targeted industries across various prospecting channels (in person, by phone, by email, with social media, etc.) to rapidly grow and maintain the sales pipeline.
- Travel to customer locations whenever necessary, sometimes overnight, to promote Company's leading technologies, develop relationships and create business opportunities, as well as negotiate and close deals.
- Respond promptly and efficiently to customer requests and provide technical consultation and service to help solve their applications using Laserax's products in a variety of industries, selecting and promoting the proper company products/services for their application.
- Clearly identify and communicate all customer needs and specifications to the Application Specialist to prepare quotes.
- Ensure that opportunity pipelines are constantly up to date in the company’s CRM.
- Manage day-to-day activities with little to no managerial supervision and report the progress of all ongoing sales activities on a weekly basis and participate in developing forecasts.
- Assist in the implementation of sales and marketing plans by participating in trade shows, technical events, in-house demonstration sales meetings and other sales events.
- Contribute to territory's strategic plan.
- Develop a thorough understanding of products and applications through workshops, webinars, and on-the-job training.
- Four-year degree in related discipline (Engineering preferred)
- 10+ years of experience in a direct sales position for industrial equipment
- Excellent presentation, strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills
- Interest and aptitude to master Company's highly technical products.
- Goal-oriented and extremely hard-working with a desire to make a measurable contribution to Company's success.
- Demonstrated hunter sales profile (growing market share and closing deals)
- Good understanding of customers, market dynamics and requirements in at least one of the following industries: automotive, foundry or industrial lasers
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team in a dynamic and fast-growing business environment
- Willingness to travel 60% of the time, including the possibility of overnight travel.
- Ability to listen and proactively react to customer questions and requests.
- Understand and abide by all company policies and procedures: including professional dress code, punctuality, attendance, and sales process policies.
- Valid passport and driver’s license must own a vehicle
- Preferably be based in California.