As a part of our Support team in the role of Senior Customer Support Engineer, your
primary goal is to independently solve questions and problems for our customers quickly and
efficiently in order to ensure a smooth customer experience.
● Support different, larger customers during escalation processes in a leading role.
● Be actively involved in evaluating and possibly improving existing processes.
● Provide hands-on support to our key-customers in order to help them overcome technical
● Be directly involved in enabling innovation for companies using cutting-edge technologies.
● Be the first point of contact and process requests from existing and prospective customers
through multiple channels.
● Work in close cooperation with our quality assurance, test, and developer teams.
● Proactively improve our products and documentation.
● Independently acquire the technical know-how to understand the typical challenges of our
customers step by step and are in constant exchange with the HiveMQ core developer team.
● Occasionally be on-call, in line with our shift work routine
● Stay calm and friendly, even if our customers confront you with an elevated stress level.
● Be dedicated to providing exceptional customer support to HiveMQ customers and are always
willing to go the extra mile.
● A passion for identifying and solving complex problems
● A friendly demeanour and you are confident in person and via phone or email
● The ability to adapt to constant development and mastering new technologies
● A self starter attitude and you are able to work independently
● At least 5 years’ experience in technical support in the field of information technology
● Experience in leading communications during a customer escalation
● Basic knowledge of object oriented programming
● Solid understanding of network technologies
● Knowledge of Linux systems
● Experience with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
● Willingness to fully understand all aspects of HiveMQ technology and services
● Willingness to support HiveMQ customers on site or through on-call support (separate
● Java programming experience
● Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
● Distributed systems knowledge
● We are a remote first company, offering you a very high level of freedom, versatility and
● We also offer you regular training courses to further develop your career
● Frequent team events and big annual company outings
● Our unique culture with great colleagues, outstanding team spirit and innovative
● We offer you a versatile job with high personal responsibility and global challenging tasks
● You can work in a professional, international working environment with flat hierarchies and
short decision-making paths
● With us, you can grow personally in an exciting industry of the future, helping people and
companies reach their full potential
● We live a co-operative and respectful corporate culture with fun at work and room for own
● You have the chance to learn, develop and grow with the support of our whole international
● A very high level of freedom, variability and autonomy
● A MacBook and iPhone