Our Client is looking for a Senior Software Engineer that has been around the block and has built great Software! The ideal candidate will be a key part of the new platform that is SAAS used for major clients globally. They are open to consider different profiles of the candidates complementary to the existing group.
Be part of a winning global team, where you will thrive in a culture that values collaboration and openness. They offer a fast-paced environment, and the opportunity to contribute significantly and put your fingerprint on the development and direction of our platform. As part of an international company you will experience the intimacy of a well-built virtual team while having the opportunity to collaborate with individuals from across Canada, the US and Europe.
· Manage multiple concurrent projects and overall development processes including planning, technical design, implementation, testing and shipping of scalable features.
· Write and review code and provide technical direction to the group in all phases of development
· Evaluate new technologies and stay current with a broad range of industry trends and developments.
· Champion and implement best practices associated with technical architectures, capacity planning, developer tools, automation, and overall development processes.
· Partner with Product Management, Hardware Engineering and Operations teams to create and implement processes and solutions that can scale
· Help with hire, train, and develop talent.
· BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering
· Minimum of 5 years of software development experience
· Demonstrated understanding of quality assurance in the development of a great product.
· Experience in the development of SaaS and cloud-based applications
· Ability to learn new software languages, frameworks, and APIs quickly
Core competencies required:
Be a lead and coach to less experienced members of the group.
· Able to architect new data required for new micro services or additional features.
· Able to drive architecture compatible with the rest of the platform, or take platform in the new direction.
· Able to architect new micro-services.
· Hands on coding aspect is still very important.