Our client is redefining how the world manages and leverages unstructured information. As the global leader in Advanced Rendering technology, they help organizations in the Energy, Life Sciences, Insurance, and Banking sectors, among others, enhance content-centric processes by unlocking the value in unstructured content.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Team Lead has ownership of the quality assurance activities for all development. The QA Team Lead works closely with the development leads and managers, product owners, and testers to ensure that releases are delivered on time and with the highest possible level of quality. The QA Team Lead is responsible for tracking test milestones to ensure that objectives are reached.
The QA Team Lead trains, mentors, coaches, supervises, schedules, and monitors the activities of a team of development and functional testers. The QA Team Lead is an active participant in the operations of the company's QA department, a great communicator, and a forward-thinking strategist.…….
The Quality Assurance Team Lead will:
- Manage execution of assigned QA activities, including software engineering quality assurance and testing.
- Ensure QA personnel are prioritizing and tracking defects and issues correctly and recommend corrective action where required.
- Create and implement test plans that span a product’s lifecycle, design, and engineering as well as localization testing of all products.
- Implement testing policies, procedures and standards across products.
- Manage QA personnel including full-time and temporary employees as well as testers from third party vendors.
- Adapt the testing strategy to meet the product’s roadmap.
- Collaborate with a variety of internal and external users to acquire and exchange information on QA issues, processes, and best practices.
- Manage relationships with all QA personnel worldwide as required.
- Assess risks early in the production pipeline and deliver reports and recommendations on how to fix the situation to the development team.
- Minimum of 8 years software testing/QA experience - with at least 3 years in a Lead/Principal/Staff role
- Must have proven experience with QA tools and methodologies
- Proven track record of leading QA programs in agile environments
- Experience managing projects, including establishing project plans, project budgets, and determining task dependencies, assigning tasks, and implementing operational changes
- Have excellent analytical and problem solving skills, recognizing and balancing priorities and identifying new methods to deal with issues
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to innovate and assist in improving product quality and internal processes
- Software test applications and tools (Microsoft Test Manger, Selenium, LoadRunner, SilkTest etc.)
- Cloud Technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc…)
- XML and XSD
- Web Technologies such as HTML5
Headquartered in Burlington, Ontario. As a company, they care about employee health and wellness and develop programs that align to achieving personal and professional satisfaction. They are also passionate about our community and participate in many local charitable events.
They have a number of employee programs and benefits that drive culture and values including but not limited to:
- Fitness reimbursement
- RRSP matching
- No limit vacation
- Extended maternity and paternity leave
- Employee assistance programs, and much more
Our client seeks to inspire and nurture the human spirit – they understand that each person brings a distinct life experience to the table. Embracing diversity not only enhances their work culture but drives business success. They encourage applications from everybody, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.