Do you have a passion for innovation?
Do you enjoy working with others and positively influencing the way they think?
Are you singular-focused on producing results?
The Product Marketing team within our client is at the forefront of new product innovation and enhancements to home security, home automation, IoT device integration, and synergy opportunities with other client core offerings including mobility, video, and internet services. Within our client’s organization, the Product Marketing team is charged with driving public awareness and sales of our current suite of services, and developing their next generation platform. The Product Marketing Specialist in this role will specifically be responsible for developing strategy for, and executing, a new line of business for our client.
Working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, you'll learn the economic drivers of the business and be able to articulate the impact of various options being proposed. Tasks may include new product introductions, financial analysis, competitive benchmarking and analysis, and business planning & analysis activities. For all product activities, a flawless customer experience will be paramount, while maintaining a commitment to make every project as profitable as possible. The candidate will be a key interface between various commercial, front-line, and back-office teams. This specialist will be making recommendations which have clear implications on the Canadian telecomm landscape; the role will require leadership, maturity, and solid business/marketing acumen.
Role and Responsibilities
Each day is unique so there is no typical day. However, listed below are some highlights of the responsibilities:
• Supporting our client’s teams in their efforts to drive cross-product sales
• Supporting the creation of business requirement documents (BRD) for new product & service introductions. Aligning stakeholders with different interests is a key deliverable for these activities.
• Competitive benchmarking, leveraging primary and secondary research to understand our client’s relative SWOT vs. both traditional and emerging competitors.
• Partnering with cross-functional teams to understand key challenges, barriers and implications associated with product management activities. Understanding potential risks and communicating the associated mitigation plans to key stakeholders.
• Preparing business cases for new product & service introductions and enhancements. This will involve end-to-end understanding of key cost and revenue drivers, and may include building models which allow for scenario planning and sensitivity analyses as well as assessing financial impact of proposed tactics and programs (breakeven, NPV and EBITDA)
• Using data and reporting teams to track and monitor success of tactics and programs as it relates to cross-product penetration into the clients product base
• Working as a liaison with the teams that are driving costs or revenues in any project or existing business, ensuring that key parties are aligned to overall strategies and that teams are updated on any ongoing changes in costs, revenues, supply, or demand.
• Must be able to summarize, draw key insights and actions for presentation in senior executive forums; the candidate needs to be able to clearly articulate the desired customer experience, key dependencies, and the economic impact of all decisions being taken.
• Ensuring flawless execution of launches. This will involve detailed take-to-market planning and implementation, measuring against KPIs and recommending interventions where necessary.
Other Key Skill Requirements:
• A university degree based on business or marketing
• Solid business and financial acumen. Must be able to understand and articulate the present and future key drivers of any project’s success.
• Experience in multidisciplinary projects in strategy, technology and finance.
• Excellent problem solving skills and track record of strong analytical capabilities.
• Ability to multi-task and quickly adjust to changing priorities, with proven organizational and project management skills.
• Master communicator; must be able to summarize key insights and actions for presentation in senior executive forums
• Superior attention to detail and execution skills with ability to take initiative and “get the job done” attitude.
• Ability to work well independently and within a team environment.
• Full mastery of all MS Office products.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to be a team player.
• Bilingual (French/English) is an asset
• Experience in analysis, spreadsheet applications, and building deck ware for presentations
• Knowledge of overall business management, business processes, and P & L